If no connection with the server is established, all data is recorded into the integrated memory of 512 MB capacity, which is sufficient for storing of 10 million records! In case of a vehicle position out of the cellular network coverage, SIM cards zero balance or operation failures of collection servers, all the data received by the terminal is maintained. The data can be transmitted to the server when connection is restored, when connecting the device to a PC or via USB flash drive. USB data uploading is protected by the integrated key system. The iON Pro terminal features an exclusive mechanism of data transmission to the server using two self-sufficient packets.
iON Pro is the only navigation terminal equipped both with the external and internal GPS and GSM antennas and automatic switching between them. Three power-saving modes enable considerable GPRS traffic economy and proper engine start after a long-term parking. The terminal supports a wide range of interfaces. Six multipurpose inputs, with two ones serving as outputs, provide connection of any devices with an analog, discrete, or pulse input (fuel flow, fuel level, pressure, temperature, and ignition sensors, attachment sensors, tachometer, etc.). In addition, all the inputs support pull-up switching on/off allowing the terminal flexible configuration. iON Pro is equipped with the accelerometer and gyroscope which provide detection of a vehicle movement, hard acceleration, braking, and harsh cornering. Dual SIM card support provides flexible operation in a roaming area. SIM card heating and wide operating temperature range provide the device smooth operation even in harsh environments. Moreover, the terminal has a protective diode against voltage swings, protection against high-voltage interference and reverse voltage supply.
Benefits of Flagship iON Pro Tracking Terminal
High-capacity embedded nonvolatile memory – 512 MB
The outstanding capacity of the iON Pro memory enables track recording (10 million points), image recording from a webcam or sound recording from an external microphone (sound and/or image recording options are implemented on a customer’s request).
Built-in battery with the capacity of 1900 mA/h.
If power from the onboard power system is not provided, the built-in battery enables the terminal to send coordinates and data from the sensors at least for 15 hours (depending on loading and types of connected sensors).
Battery power saving
If the device is powered by the vehicle battery with the ignition turned off, it consumes less than 3.4 mAh in a power-saving mode.
Water and dust protection – IP54
The terminal is provided with a reliable protection against dust and water.
The iON Pro motherboard is covered with a special-purpose lacquer protecting contacts and electronic components from corrosion. This ensures lifetime warranty for the device.
Protection against unauthorized tampering
The terminal is equipped with two electronic seals preventing the case and connector section from tampering. In case of unauthorized tampering the device sends a signal to a dispatcher.
Built-in redundant antennas
Even if the external antennas are damaged or broken, the redundant internal antennas keep on transmitting positioning data.
Dispatcher communication panel and alarm button
The alarm button and the dispatcher communication panel can be installed as optional equipment.
The iON Pro is equipped with 6 multipurpose inputs to connect various external devices and sensors via any standard interfaces. In addition, iON Pro has 2 multipurpose outputs designed to control any external devices.
Dual SIM card support
Support for two SIM cards provides smooth connection and flexible operation in roaming area.
Exclusive authoring algorithm of data transmission
iON Pro transmits data to the server using two self-contained packets. The first packet is a real-time priority packet with a current position. The second packet contains data from the memory. If for some reasons communication with the device has been lost, a dispatcher will receive current data on the object position when connection is restored, with the data from the memory transmitted simultaneously. In this case other similar models do not provide immediate data display, but only after transmission of the collected data.
AES data encryption standard
The reliable encryption algorithm eliminates the risks of the device and the server tampering and data fraud.
Built-in gyroscope and three-axis accelerometer
The accelerometer+gyroscope system enables monitoring of a driver’s style, which directly impacts on fuel consumption and vehicle wear (hard accelerating, breaking, route changes).
iON Pro Main Functions
Real-time positioning of a target object, its speed and moving direction
Data collection from various connected sensors
Data transmission to the server (on request or schedule)
Program notification of an operator on “alarm events” (power cut-off, internal antennas failure, case tampering, speeding, fuel draining, etc.), notification via SMS and email
Data storage in nonvolatile memory
Driver behavior analysis
iON Pro Key Features
- large capacity of the internal nonvolatile memory (512 MB – 10 million records)
- exclusive mechanism of data transmission to the server
- driver behavior analysis (built-in accelerometer and gyroscope)
- power-saving modes
- ample opportunities for connection of additional equipment
- built-in GPS/GLONASS and GSM-antenna
- external GPS/GLONASS and GSM-antenna
- support for remote updating of terminal firmware
- integrated protection against the terminal tempering (antenna connectors, cables, SIM card slots are protected by the cover with mechanical and electronic seal)
- support for data uploading from the “black box” to the USB flash drive (built-in key security system is enabled)
- AES encryption use for data transmission to the server and uploading to the USB flash drive
- smooth operation even in harsh environments
- protection against voltage swings (up to 90V)
- built-in LiPol battery of 1900 mA/h
- support for web camera connection
- dual SIM card support
- SIM chip support
- SIM card heating
- voice interface
- navigation receiver: GPS/GLONASS
- operating frequency range: GSM/GPRS 900/1800 MHz; (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)**; 3G (2100 MHz)
- external antenna: GPS/GLONASS
- external GSM antenna
- built-in GPS/GLONASS antenna
- built-in GSM antenna
- flash memory: 10 million records
- SIM cards:
- dual SIM card support
- SIM chip**
- SIM card heating
- built-in accelerometer: three-axis
- additional features:
- remote firmware updating, WEB
- support for web camera connection**
- support for external display connection**
- transmitted data encryption
- CAN-log support
- connectors cover with electronic sealing
- power supply voltage: 9 to 50V
- maximum voltage rating in long-term mode: 55V
- current consumption in different modes (at power supply voltage 24V), max:
- 75 mA (operating mode, the battery is charged)
- 210 mA (operating mode, the battery is discharged)
- 3,4 (6,1 mA at 12V), (sleep mode)
- built-in battery: Li-Pol
- dimensions: 109 × 109 × 21 mm
- weight, max: 220 g
- gross weight, max: 660 g
- Ingress Protection: IP54
- operating temperature: -40C° to +60C°
Connectors and Interfaces
- main Microfit 14 interface connector
- additional Microfit 8 interface connector
- SMA connector for GSM antenna
- SMA connector for GPS/GLONASS antenna
- SIM card holder 1
- SIM card holder 2**
- Mini USB connector
- main interfaces:
- 6 multipurpose inputs
- 2 multipurpose outputs
- SAE bus (J1708)
- 2 x RS-485 bus
- CAN bus (J1939 / FMS)
- 2 x 1-Wire bus
- RS-232 bus**
- voice interface
* technical specifications are subject to change by the manufacturer without prior notice
*** total number of inputs/outputs amounts to 6